Photo courtesy of https://www.shl.se/
Welcome to the very first SHL report in 2021. A lot has happened since the year began, so I did my best to keep you all posted. The most important news and player reports, including my own observations, backed up by some interesting stats. It is all here in one place. I hope you will enjoy it!
In case you missed it
- Islanders forward Josh Ho-Sang has been loaned to Örebro HK for the remainder of the season.
- Hurricanes prospect Dominik Bokk has been assigned from Djurgården to Chicago Wolves, the AHL affiliate of Carolina Hurricanes.
- Red Wings prospect Theodor Niederbach has signed a new contract with Frölunda that runs until the spring of 2022, or in other words, the end of the next season, if everything goes as planned. Right after that, he has been loaned to MODO Hockey in HockeyAllsvenskan to get some playing time.
- Predators prospect Adam Wilsby has signed a two-year contract extension with Skellefteå through the 2022-23 campaign.
- William Eklund had an emergency appendectomy early in January. A few days ago, he appeared on the ice for Djurgården practice. The health problems have caused him to miss eight games so far.
- Canadiens prospect Mattias Norlinder missed six games due to a knee injury. Then he scored a goal in his return against Skellefteå. Right now, he is out again, most likely because of a sore hamstring, and it is yet to know when he will come back again.
- Hurricanes prospect Jack Drury suffered a shoulder injury on January 7th in the game against Skellefteå. He could be missing up to a month.