Hometown: Villach, Austria
October 2013 – The Philadelphia Flyers have called up Michael Raffl in response to recent team injuries. Raffl has one goal and two assists this season. Expectations are that he will be on the team for at least a week. Jenn Lardani
August, 2013 – Raffl spent the past eight years playing in Europe for both Austria and Sweden. In the 2012-2013 season he posted 24 goals and 22 assists in 49 games (.930 pts/gm ). His best saw him producing 44 goals and 63 assists in only 65 games (1.65 pts/gm Austria U20). He was signed to a one year contract with the Adirondack Phantoms (AHL) amidst a flurry of other NHL interest at the end of May. His versatile and competitive style of play, coupled with a pair of soft hands give him the potential to be a solid points producer. As is the case with many European players though, Raffl will need time to adjust to a smaller ice surface and NHL style of play. All that aside, the Flyers organization is optimistically confident that he can be a force for their club as early as this Fall. – Jenn Lardani
Fantasy Outlook: C+
With some focus on his foot work, Raffl could be a complete package for the Flyers, but the adjustment period is a looming cloud of uncertainty.
Raffl goal for Leksand IF
#12 in white, 1:11
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Talking Goalies with Former NHLer Mike McKenna
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 2)
- Prospect Ramblings: Calder Power Rankings 003
- Prospect Ramblings: Updated WJC Projection for Team Finland
- Shift Work: Anton Lundell
- Interview: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Eemil Viro
- DPR Episode 70: Canada Russia Review and WHL Preview