Michael Hutchinson, G
Hometown: Barrie, ON
Drafted: 2008 by Boston Bruins, 77th overall
September 2014 – Michael Hutchinson is a tall goaltender with excellent athleticism. He is calm, collected, and covers his net well. Drafted by the Bruins back in 2008, Hutchinson spent four seasons in the OHL with the Barrie Colts and London Knights, his most successful season being a 32-12-2 record with a 2.86 GAA and a .915 SV% back in the 2009-2010 season. After bouncing around the ECHL and AHL affiliates of the Boston Bruins for the following three seasons, they opted not to sign the mobile goaltender and he signed a one year pact with the Winnipeg Jets. In 2013-2014, Hutchinson flourished in the ECHL and AHL, posting a combined 39-9-3 record in 52 games with the Ontario Reign and the St. John’s Icecaps. He even saw action with the Winnipeg Jets, posting two wins in three games with a 1.64 GAA and a .943 SV%. As it stands, it seems like he will be their go-to backup goalie this season, as guys like Hellebuyck and Comrie will look to battle it out for the top spot with the IceCaps. Should he impress, he may be able to steal a few games from the struggling Pavelec this upcoming 2014-2015 season. Kevin Won
It seems Hutchinson has sorted out his consistency issues; if he continues, he can develop into a solid backup goaltender.
Michael Hutchinson highlight package in three games with the Jets in 2013-2014.
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- 2020 NHL Draft Ranking: European prospects (November 2019)
- Shift Work: Quinton Byfield
- Prospect Ramblings: The Quebec Leg of the Canada-Russia Series
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Liiga Report - November 2019
- Interview: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Anton Lundell
- WHL Report - November 2019
- DPR Episode 69: Russia preview of Canada Russia Super Series and Wisconsin and Penn State Notes