Jesper Samuelsson, C/LW
Hometown: Norrkoping, SWE
Drafted: 2008 by Detroit, 211th overall
July 2013- With the last pick of the 2008 draft, Detroit selected Jesper Samuelsson hoping they could strike gold… again. Unfortunately Samuelsson hasn’t elevated his game to a high enough level to make it in the Swedish Elite League let alone the NHL. Samuelsson, known for his offensive instincts, sees the ice and reads the play with ease because of his superb vision which makes him a lethal weapon when on the powerplay. At the age of 25, it is beginning to look like Samuelsson’s window of opportunity is closing if it hasn’t already. Travis Watson
Fantasy Outlook: D-
Talented offensive player but when playing against stronger competition he has struggled to produce.
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- Prospect Rambling: 2019 First Round Mid-Season Expectation vs Reality Grades
- Prospect Ramblings: Scouting Notes from Around the CHL
- Prospect Ramblings: Underrated European Prospects on Notable Draft Rankings
- Prospects Ramblings: Brogan Rafferty, Scouting Notes, Zayde Wisdom and Midseason Guide
- AHL Report - January 2020
- OHL Report: January 2019
- Prospect Ramblings: Top Prospects Game, & Thoughts on Brogan Rafferty (Jan. 17)
- DPR Episode 79: Vitali Abramov and Russ Cohen Guest