In the middle of the fantasy off-season, there's probably not a whole lot of action happening on your Yahoo, Fantrax, or ESPN league pages right now. This is true enough for the DPFHL league consisting of the DobberProspect writers, but what is happening are a series of prospect adds and drops. These adds aren't the players who were recently drafted, these are prospects who were too raw to be valued last season, but have done something to change their organizational status enough for one of our writers to use a roster spot on them now. And the drops aren't just UFAs or 20-somethings without a contract, these are players still present in the hockey world and were worth picking up in the past, but are moving the wrong direction.
So, I've compiled a quick list of players who have been added and dropped by our fantasy writers for your own reference. I'm not personally endorsing every one of these moves, but there are some nice pickups in here worth paying attention to. Keep in mind – this is a very deep keeper league.
Maxim Mamin (FLA)
- Decent KHL production led to ELC.
Alex Kerfoot (NJD)
- Thrived in NCAA, turning pro.
Yanni Gourde (TBL)
- Could become a PK specialist and a shorthanded point producer.
Callum Booth (CAR)
- Rising goaltending prospect was on my waiver claim list but I lost out to a higher-priority owner.
Andrei Mironov (COL)
- Almost guaranteed an NHL roster spot due to COL's paper-thin blueline.
Carter Rowney (PIT)
- A depth role on a cup team can be good value.
Tomas Nosek (VGK)
- Vegas saw something in him, maybe we should too.
Nick Jensen (DET)
- 2-year deal in hand, might stick around NHL full-time this season.
Remi Elie (DAL)
- Could push for a depth spot on a high-scoring Dallas club.
Joey Anderson (NJD)
- Prospect camp standout and NCAA rookie success.
- Peter Cehlarik (BOS)
- Jordan Oesterle (CHI)
- Nathan Walker (WSH)
- Jonas Siegenthaler (WSH)
- Kaapo Kahkonen (MIN)
- Gabriel Dumont (TBL)
- Ben Thomas (TBL)
- Christian Jaros (OTT)
- Fredrik Claesson (OTT)
- Dylan Sikura (CHI)
- Mikhail Vorobyov (PHI)
- Luc Snuggerud (CHI)
- Andrew Peeke (CBJ)
- Michael Sgarbossa (WPG)
- Anton Lindholm (COL)
- Deven Sideroff (ANH)
- Byron Froese (MTL)
- Mikhail Berdin (WPG)
- Dustin Tokarski (ANH)
- Max Legace (VGK)
- Chris Terry (MTL)
- Thomas Vannelli (STL)
- Scott Harrington (CBJ)
- Anton Blidh (BOS)
- Maxime Lajoie (OTT)
- Ivan Telegin (WPG)
- Vasilli Glotov (BUF)
Reasons why these players were dropped: They are either too one-dimensional of a player to be worth keeping in a roto league, their ceiling is just too low, or they've muddled so long in th AHL that they just aren't going to make an NHL impact.
The DobberProspects August 31-in-31 Series is nearly halfway finished – the first batch of team posts are up and ready to share the state of each organization's prospect depth. Check out the first posts here, and check back at the end of the month once every team has been done!
The DPR Podcast doesn't have an offseason, so if you're looking for fantasy notes on prospects from all teams, check out the Summer Series episodes here:
Thank you for reading, and best of luck fine-tuning your rosters before the upcoming fantasy season!
- Best and Worst Teams at Finding NHL Players from the Draft
- NHL Draft Pick Probabilities By Position
- Roll of the Dice: 2020 Mock Draft - Chaos Edition
- NHL Draft Report: Sleepers, Summer Birthdays and Jacob Perreault!
- Prospect Ramblings: The NHL Draft and Looking back at Last Years Top-50 Prospects
- 2020-21 DobberProspects Organizational Rankings: 19-14
- We Have A Draft Lottery (Or Two)!
- Talking with Tony: Jake Neighbours 2020 Draft Interview