Dustin Jeffrey, C-LW
Hometown: Sarnia, Ont.
Drafted: 2007 by Pittsburgh Penguins, 171st Overall
January 2013 – Jeffrey was once a dynamic scorer in the OHL for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and showed great promise for the Pens as a late round steal in 2007. He is slightly slow footed but his gifted passing and nose for an open man has allowed him to not only survive, but thrive on teams with ‘finishers’. Due to not having anything more to prove at the AHL level, he headed to Austria for the lockout and continued to produce at high levels posting over a point-per-game on one of country’s top teams alongside many former AHL Talents. Currently, he is being utilized as the fourth line center in Pittsburgh, a position that will not earn him much in the way of fantasy notoriety. The Pens are trying to find fits for the future with both Crosby and Malkin, providing Eric Tangradi and Beau Bennett is close, if these two options don’t show success it would be very likely Jeffrey could get a trial as a transition player to get pucks to the superstars.
In his current role, he will not produce at a rate worthy of being owned on a fantasy roster and is in danger of being stuck as a role player due to his two-way ability and faceoff prowess, but should he get moved to the wing on a scoring unit, his outlook will jump exponentially.
Footage: Excellent compilation of much of his work eating up the AHL as a scorer, passer and a few defensive highlights.
Fantasy Prospects Report Notes (Any FPR’s released in the last 18 months will not be listed here):
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- Prospect Ramblings: Making Sense of DEL Stats
- Prospect Ramblings: Breaking Down Tape - Byfield, Seider, & Madden
- Prospect Ramblings: Looking at USA Hockey's NTDP
- Prospect Ramblings: 2020 Draft Eligibles - Holloway, Quinn, Perfetti
- Prospect Ramblings: Calder Power Rankings 007
- Prospect Ramblings: I Should Apologize...
- DPR Episode 80: Fantasy Hockey Rebuild and Ottawa Senators Top Ten Prospects
- Prospect Deep Dive: Jeremie Poirier