Drafts are being held all over the place at this time of year. If your draft is coming up, and you’re looking for some potential breakout candidates from players that have changed teams, here is my list of the 15 best forwards.
- Artemi Panarin – an elite talent that will produce no matter where he plays
- Matt Duchene – Duchene is biggest offensive threat on an offensively starved team. The talent is there. Is the desire?
- Alex Galchenyuk – finally getting to play with some elite talent. Galchenyuk could have a monster season if he gels with Sid or Geno
- J.T. Miller – a safe bet to play in a disgustingly stacked top six in Vancouver. It’s like winning the teammate lottery
- Joe Pavelski – the elder statesman of the list gets to line up with Benn and Seguin. Pretty sweet upgrade heading into the twilight of his career
- Phil Kessel – Kessel is once again the lead man, a role he does not thrive in. Still, he has too much talent not to produce
- Nazem Kadri – Expect more playing time which should increase production. Plus his net front presence on THAT power play could produce big results
- Ryan Dzingel – joining the “bunch of jerks” seems to be a good fit. Young, quick, energetic and talented. I just described the team and the player.
- Erik Haula – sneaky good scorer joins Dzingel in jerkland
- Mats Zuccarello – Zuc gets another fresh start. Albeit in offensively starved Minnesota. Can he drive the bus?
- Nicolas Roy – the time has come for Roy to make a claim on a permanent spot in the NHL.
- Alex Nylander – Chicago loved how the Dylan Strome trade worked out so they thought they’d try again with Nylander. Maybe this is a thing? Or maybe they’re interested in William?
- Andrew Shaw – Chicago loves bringing players back. This one just had a career year.
- Alex Kerfoot – It’s gonna be tough to crack the top six in Toronto. Less playing time, fewer points. Opposite of Kadri.
- Andre Burakovsky – Should see more ice in Colorado. He’ll get the chance, it’s up to him to make the most of it.
Thanks for reading. You can follow me on Twitter @fiveminutemajor.
- August 31-in-31: New York Rangers
- Prospect Ramblings: The DobberProspects Writers Draft
- August 31-in-31: Ottawa Senators
- August 31-in-31: Minnesota Wild
- August 31-in-31: Philadelphia Flyers
- Prospect Ramblings: Roster Bubble Prospects Part Two
- 2020 Early Look - Dylan Holloway
- Prospect Ramblings: Prospects versus Roster Spots