Dalton Prout, D
Hometown: LaSalle, ON, CAN
Drafted: 2010 Columbus Blue Jackets, 154th overall
April 2014 – Prout is getting his second legitimate shot at the NHL. He’s been injured for several games this season and has been called up and sent back to the AHL a few times. More recently however, he has been paired with Jack Johnson on the team’s top pairing. While Johnson handles the majority of the offensive duties, Prout covers the defensive and physical side. He only has six points this season – in 44 games – but he’s accumulated five fighting majors and is used on the PK for about 1:30 minutes per game. Chris Bagwell
While Prout is certainly gaining some NHL experience, he isn’t likely to be an incredibly valuable fantasy player. While he is reliable and important to the actual organization, he isn’t likely to have any significant fantasy value. If you’re in leagues that value PIMs, hits, blocked shots, and TOI, he may be worth a consideration, especially playing on the top pairing.
First NHL Goal:
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- 2020 NHL Draft Ranking: European prospects (November 2019)
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Shift Work: Quinton Byfield
- Prospect Ramblings: The Quebec Leg of the Canada-Russia Series
- Liiga Report - November 2019
- WHL Report - November 2019
- DPR Episode 69: Russia preview of Canada Russia Super Series and Wisconsin and Penn State Notes
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 2)