Cody Eakin, C/LW
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB, CAN
Drafted: 2009 by Washington, 85th overall
July 2012 – If you would like to place a value on Eakin, consider what Dallas gave up for him. The Stars got him and a second round pick for Mike Ribero. With this trade his odds of reaching his potential very much jumped forward. Possible line-mates include: recently acquired Ray Whitney and Jaromir Jagr, Loui Eriksson, Micheal Ryder and Brendan Morrow. Draft or pick-up, with expectations of him earning near half a point per game this season, with upside in the future. The recent acquisition of Derek Roy will hurt Cody from earning top six minutes and power play time. Jason Banks
April 2012 – Eakin was an elite scorer in the WHL and has posted decent numbers at the AHL level. Eakin has split his time with both Hershey and the big league Capitals club in 2011-12 and will push for full-time duty as early as 2012-13. Eakin is a solid, gritty two-way player, known for his fearless forecheck and endless work ethic.
Eakin’s upside is a top-six scorer however he would become a serviceable third line contributor if he fails to reach his full potential. Eakin has been compared to Zach Parise based on his size, style and relentless effort. Eakin can play in any type of role his team asks of him and that will play a big part in his fantasy value moving forward.
Fantasy Prospects Report Notes (Any FPR’s released in the last 18 months will not be listed here):
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Talking Goalies with Former NHLer Mike McKenna
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 2)
- Prospect Ramblings: Calder Power Rankings 003
- Prospect Ramblings: Updated WJC Projection for Team Finland
- Shift Work: Anton Lundell
- Interview: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Eemil Viro
- DPR Episode 70: Canada Russia Review and WHL Preview