Chris Tanev, D
Hometown: Toronto, Ont.
Drafted: Undrafted-Signed as free agent
February 2012 – Tanev slipped through the cracks going primarily unnoticed while playing juniors in the OJHL for the Markham Waxers in2008-09 season. After leading the RIT Tigers (NCAA- Atlantic Hockey Conference) team to the Frozen Four the following year, Tanev signed with the Canucks after his freshman season in 2010 as a free agent. Splitting time last season between the farm team Moose , as well the parent club and experiencing Stanley Cup Finals action. Again this year has mainly spent time in the AHL. Tanev will not “wow” you with his game or statistics. He is a steady defenseman that is called upon to play a simple game – no goals against and if you can chip in an assist every now and then that’s gravy.
Fantasy Outlook: D-
Sixth man D in NHL who handles puck well and breaks play out, but will not get you many points.
Chris Tanev 2011 NHL Pre-season short-handed goal:
Fantasy Prospects Report Notes (Any FPR’s released in the last 18 months will not be listed here):
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- 2020 NHL Draft Ranking: European prospects (November 2019)
- Shift Work: Quinton Byfield
- Prospect Ramblings: The Quebec Leg of the Canada-Russia Series
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Liiga Report - November 2019
- Interview: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Anton Lundell
- WHL Report - November 2019
- DPR Episode 69: Russia preview of Canada Russia Super Series and Wisconsin and Penn State Notes