Andrew Shaw, C
Hometown: Belleville, Ont, Canada
Drafted: 2011 by Chicago, 139th overall
December, 2011 – At nearly 20 years old and with just two seasons of major junior behind him, Andrew Shaw was the unlikeliest candidate to be taken at the 2011 Draft. But the Blackhawks obviously saw something different. Comparable to one Kris Versteeg in the way he battles for every inch and point- oh, and in the way neither were stand-out major junior players- Shaw has nevertheless emerged as one of Rockford’s top players as a rookie pro. 2nd in goals and PIM at the end of December, Shaw’s versatility and scrappy attitude make him a natural fit to see time on Chicago’s fourth line by the end of the year.
Fantasy Outlook: C+
Little upside offensively, but could be one of those decent PIM options who notches 50+ points.
After losing a fight to Jarred Tinordi a month earlier, the scrappy Shaw has a rematch, followed by some showboating:
Fantasy Prospects Report Notes (Any FPR’s released in the last 18 months will not be listed here):
Buy the latest Fantasy Prospects Report here.
- 2020 NHL Draft Ranking: European prospects (November 2019)
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 1)
- Shift Work: Quinton Byfield
- Prospect Ramblings: The Quebec Leg of the Canada-Russia Series
- Liiga Report - November 2019
- WHL Report - November 2019
- DPR Episode 69: Russia preview of Canada Russia Super Series and Wisconsin and Penn State Notes
- Tournament Review: U20 Four Nations – November 2019 (Part 2)